Below are some of the services offered by Ms.J. Sansregret in the Sands Career Centre.
Her office hours are from 8:30-3pm Monday through Thursday.
For more detailed information click here to visit the the Career Centre’s webpage.
• The Career and Post-Secondary Advising Centre is designed to meet the ever increasing demand for up-to-date career, post-secondary education, labour market, and employment information to better prepare students for the changes in the job market.
• The career centre website is linked to the school website, (under STUDENTS) and it contains valuable information for graduating students about post-secondary institution requirements, application dates, and prerequisites.
• Career and post-secondary education advising services are available to students, staff, parents, and the local community.
Post Secondary Education
- Exploring Post-Secondary options
- Current Post-Secondary information
- Scholarships and Bursaries
- PASBC: Post Secondary application assistance
- Financial Aid information
- Secondary School Apprenticeship
- Computer assisted career exploration
- Career planning
- Resumes & cover letters
- Mock interviews
- Application forms
- Volunteer/exchange information
- Internet access
GRADE 12 SCHOLARSHIPS
See the Career and Post Secondary Advisory website. Access via the main page or at:
Scholarship – A monetary award based on academic merit or excellence in the area to which the award pertains.
Bursary – A non-repayable grant made to students in need of financial assistance, who have maintained a satisfactory academic record. Evidence of need may be required.
District Scholarships – This is a scholarship based on excellence in a non-academic area of study: Fine Arts, Applied Skills, Physical Activity, Second Languages, Community Service and Trades & Technology. Students apply for these awards after spring break.
• University Major Entrance/Automatic Scholarships – Major Entrance Scholarships are awarded to outstanding high school students, who excel in combined areas of academics and extracurricular activities
• Community Based Awards – Scholarships and bursaries are donated by various Delta businesses and interested groups.
• Private Scholarships – These scholarships are available from various companies, businesses and special interest groups at various times throughout the year.
• Trades, Technology and ITA Scholarships – Scholarships for excellence in trades and technology are offered by various post-secondary schools (BCIT and Kwantlen Polytechic University) as well as the ITA, and also the District Awards.