School Sponsors: Mr. M. Robinson, Ms. V. Kenis and Ms. D. Van Skiver
As Grade 12 students look ahead to graduation, Sands celebrates the graduation year by planning some fun social events. Grad functions typically include a Boat Cruise in the early Fall, a Winter Gala (Gr 11 & 12 Students) in December, a Fashion Show in early Spring, then the grand finale, the Graduation Red Carpet and Dinner/Dance.
Event dates this year are:
- Grad Boat Cruise: Thursday, Sept 26, 2019
*Boat Cruise sales dates*
Ticket sales for Boat cruise will begin Friday, September 13 and will continue to Thursday, September 19. Students must be in grade 12, have paid up their outstanding fees and be in good standing with Staff and Admin to be able to go on the cruise.
- Red Carpet, Dinner Dance and Dry Grad: Friday May 22, 2020.
- The Red Carpet Event takes place at the school from 3:30 to approximately 4:30pm. Grads will begin walking the red carpet at 3:30pm. This will be followed by a class photo at 4:30pm. Family and friends of grads are invited to attend free of charge. Seating will be available starting at 2:30pm. Grads should arrive at the front of the school on 82nd Avenue between 3:00 and 3:15pm. Students will be announced starting at 6:30pm. Please be adviced that 82nd Avenue will be unavailable for visitors to park. Following the Red Carpet Event, a class photo will be taken in the courtyard at the front of the school.
- The Grad Banquet will be held at Quilchena Golf and Country Club in Richmond. Grad Check in is usually at 5:45pm, with the formal banquet beginning at 7:00pm, and concluding at 10:30pm.
- Dry Grad activities for those who have purchased a ticket begin afterward at the North Delta Recreation Centre.
- It is the responsibility of students to arrange transportation to the Red Carpet Event held at the school.
- Complimentary optional bus transportation will be provided from the school to the Grad Banquet. Students interested in this option will be asked to sign up in advance.
- Mandatory bus transportation will be provided from the Grad Banquet to Dry Grad free of charge.
Permission to attend these functions may be withheld if students do not meet school expectations with regards to attendance and behaviour, and if they have school fees outstanding. Students must be considered “In Good Standing” and be eligible to complete BC Ministry of Education graduation requirements by May 15th of each year. Guests are not permitted. Information letters will be emailed to families in early April.
- Valedictory Ceremony: June 24/2020, North Delta Secondary Theatre. As seating is extremely limited, graduates will receive 2 tickets for family members (the grad does not require a ticket). For additional ticket requests, please call the school office.