• Each year the members of the grade 12 class choose a committee to co-ordinate the grad activities, clothing and fundraising for the year.
• The grad committee has a responsibility to maintain the balance between social activities and the serious task of completing graduation expectations with the best possible school record.
GRADUATION ACTIVITIES & ELIGIBILITY
Sands sponsors a number of graduation-related activities and events throughout the school year. Most years, this includes the Grad Boat Cruise, Winter Gala, Grad Red Carpet, Grad Banquet and Valedictory Ceremony.
Participation in these events is a privilege and relies heavily on the goodwill of staff volunteers who volunteer to supervise student activities.
In order to be eligible to participate, students must meet certain eligibility requirements, including but not limited to the following:
• registered as a Grade 12 student
• enrolled in all courses required for graduation and maintaining a level of achievement that will lead to graduation at the conclusion of the school year
• attending school on a consistent basis
• in good standing and meeting all requirements of the School’s Code of Conduct
Valedictory (June 28/2023). Participation is for Sands students only.